Forms & Fees


Building Forms

Permit forms must be submitted in person and must be completed in their entirety, except for areas indicated as "office use only." This requirement temporarily waived.

Incomplete forms will not be accepted. If you need help completing an application please call us at 573-886-4339 or email:

Roadway Forms

Engineering Forms

Zoning Forms

* Applications that are denied by the Planning and Zoning Commission should request the appropriate Appeal Form if they wish to proceed to the County Commission.

** Effective November 30, 2017, this form will be required for any variance requests. Older versions of the variance application will no longer be accepted. Any request submitted on the old version will be rejected as an incomplete application. Also, we strongly advise that applicants meet with staff before submission to verify type of variance needed and to avoid additional costs.

Stormwater Forms

For more information regarding Stormwater Regulations, please visit the Stormwater Management site.


In conjunction with preparation of the 2013 Boone County Annual Budget, the County Commission directed that county departments review their user fees that they collect for services.

The Resource Management Department collects user fees for building permits, which have not changed since 2005, as well as conditional use permits, rezoning applications, and variance applications, among other fees which have not changed since 2002.

The Boone County Commission has approved an adjustment to user fees effective January 1, 2013.

Under the proposed schedule, building permit fees will continue to be based upon the type of construction, use, and complexity of a structure. This means that a permit for a single-family dwelling will be different from that for a hotel, church, or school.

Effective January 1, 2020, waste water permit fees will increase as shown on the link below.