Prosecuting Attorney,
Daniel K. Knight

Bad Check Unit

Child Support Unit

Traffic Division

Victim Services

Bad Check Unit

Home Introduction FAQs Procedures Requirements for Prosecution Forms

Procedure for Submitting Bad Checks to the Prosecutor

  1. Upon receipt of the check(s) from your bank, complete the Bad Check Complaint and Statement of Probable Cause forms, attach the check to the Bad Check Complaint form, and deliver or mail both to:

    Bad Check Unit
    Boone County Prosecuting Attorney
    705 E. Walnut St.
    Columbia MO 65201

NOTE: Your bank will rarely return an original check to you. Instead, you will receive a substitute check, which is a paper copy of the front and back of the original check. A substitute check is slightly larger than a standard check. A substitute check is legally the same as the original check if it accurately represents the information on the original check and includes the following statement: "This is a legal copy of your check." If you receive a substitute check that appears to have a problem, such as it contains a bad picture of the original check, contact your bank.

Any questions?  Feel free to contact us:

to the Boone County News email list.

Questions or Comments? Email Prosecuting Attorney

www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA