Prosecuting Attorney,
Daniel K. Knight

Bad Check Unit

Child Support Unit

Traffic Division

Victim Services

Bad Check Unit

Home Introduction FAQs Procedures Requirements for Prosecution Forms

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What constitutes a criminal bad check?

  2. What is the difference between a misdemeanor and felony bad check?

  3. Is there a dollar limit for prosecuting bad checks?

  4. What is the statute of limitations for submitting a bad check to the prosecutor?

  5. What should I do with a stop payment check?

  6. What if I receive a check back from the bank that is marked "Uncollected Funds"?

  7. Can I collect a store service charge from a bad check writer?

  8. What are administrative handling fees and MOPS fees?

  9. What if I believe my checks have been stolen and/or forged?

  10. What if I filed bankruptcy?

The Boone County Prosecutor's Office Bad Check Unit is here to serve the community in deterring bad check activity. You may contact this office with any questions regarding bad checks at (573) 886-4121.

Any questions?  Feel free to contact us:

to the Boone County News email list.

Questions or Comments? Email Prosecuting Attorney

www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA