Recorder of Deeds
Boone County, Missouri
Columbia, MO 65201-7728
- Real Estate / Tax Lien Copy Request
- Marriage Copy Request
- Request for Military Discharge Papers
- Sample Cover Sheet
- UCC Forms
Standardization for Real Estate Documents
Marriage License Filing Requirements in Boone County, Missouri
The 1st Party and 2nd Party must
Visit our office TOGETHER* to apply for a marriage license.
Be 18 years of age or over.
Present a valid government issued ID and provide Social Security number.
Pay $51.00 at the time of application (Sorry, no checks). (Credit/Debit service fee $1.50)
Provide name and phone number of the person performing the ceremony.
Pick up and give the license to the person performing the ceremony before the wedding.
Have a ceremony performed within 30 days from the date of issuance in the State of Missouri. If the wedding date is more than 30 days from the date of application, they must wait to pick up the license.
NOT be related to each other through and including first cousins.
* If Either Party is unable to appear in the Recorder’s Office to apply, due to Military Service, ADA Qualifying Disability or Incarceration, an Affidavit of Absent Applicant may be provided.
If the 1st Party and/or 2nd Party are under 18, their custodial parent must come with them to give consent to the application.
** $1.00 additional fee to be paid at the time of application for each parental consent.
Lost/Destroyed/Unused Marriage License
- If the license is lost, destroyed or not used, the parties must return to the Recorder’s office to sign an affidavit.
Return and Record of Marriage
- The person performing the ceremony is required by law to return the completed license to the Boone County Recorder of Deeds office within 15 days of the ceremony.
- Copies are available as soon as the marriage license has been returned to our office.
|° Plain copy||$1.00|
|° Certified statement||$2.00|
|° Certified copy||$9.00|
|° Military Purposes||No Charge|
For more information regarding:
Civil ceremonies performed by a Boone County Circuit Judge
Civil ceremonies performed by a City Municipal Judge
Any questions? Feel free to contact us:
Subscribe to the Boone County News email list.
www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA