Boone County Public Administrator
|Boone County Court House
705 E. Walnut
Columbia, MO 65201
Office (573) 886-4190
Fax (573) 886-4193
Cathy Richards - Boone County Public Administrator
Sworn into Office: January 1, 2009
Phone: (573) 886-4190
Fax: (573) 886-4193
Office Hours: Monday through Friday (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Undergraduate work: Stephens College, University of Missouri, Columbia College and William Woods College
- Member of the Pinnacle National Honor Society. The Pinnacle National Honor Society specifically acknowledges the academic achievements of adults and/or graduate students. Pinnacle recognized Ms. Richards for her 3.88 cumulative GPA she earned while finishing her Master Degree in Counseling at Stephen's College.
- Associate's Degree – Columbia College
- 1 year Nursing School (prerequisites and hospital rotation) – Columbia College
- B.S. in Business Management with an emphasis in Human Resources - William Woods University
- Master's Degree in Counseling (LPC program) completed at Stephen's College, August 2012
Elected Boone County's Public Administrator November 4, 2008, term began January 1, 2009. Re-elected November 2012, second term began January 1, 2013.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- 2011 Finalist by Columbia Daily Tribune for Professional Excellence Award at the Business Woman Of the Year Awards Banquet
- 2008 United Way Allocation Panel
- Member of the Women's Network
- PIO (public informational officer) trained through Joint Communications.
- Trained AED and CPR
- 26 years of varied pertinent work experience
- 8 years as office manager for the Boone County Commission
- Member of the Boone County Historical Society
- Elected Co-Vice President of Region Six of the Missouri Public Administrator's association (2010)
- Elected as Vice President of Missouri Association of Public Administrators (MAPA) for the term 2012-2014
- Elected as President of Missouri Association of Public Administrators (MAPA) for the term 2014-2016
- 2015-2016 - Ad Hoc Committee for eAccess - Office of State Courts Administrator
Boone County Public Administrator, Cathy D. Richards, was unanimously voted in as the new president of the Missouri Association of Public Administrators (MAPA) April 25th and was sworn in at the conclusion of their recent annual state convention and training held in Joplin, Missouri. MAPA is comprised of Public Administrators and their deputies from throughout Missouri, and members represent each and every county in the state. Cathy is the first Public Administrator from Boone County to ever be elected to this prestigious position. This honor comes after serving for two years as the vice president of MAPA, another first for Boone County. Cathy will serve as the president of MAPA until April 2016. The association consists of Public Administrators from all 114 Missouri counties.
Cathy D. Richards, Boone County's Public Administrator and the President of the Missouri Association of Public Administrators (MAPA), was selected in November to receive one of three 2015 MAC County Achievement Awards for her work "Establishing Charitable Funding to Cover Uncovered Healthcare". The award was presented to her during MAC's annual conference on November 16th. This honor was bestowed on Cathy for championing the uncovered healthcare needs of the many court-appointed clients assigned to her as Public Administrator, first, by setting up a Charitable Trust through the Community Foundation of Central Missouri, and separately, by applying for funding through the Children's Community Trust of Boone County, where she was recently awarded a total of $25,000 specifically earmarked for dental care, eye care and dental healthcare emergencies.
On June 14, 2016 the National Association of Counties (NACo) awarded Boone County its 2016 Achievement award for a program Cathy Richards initiated entitled: "Establishing Charitable Funding to Cover Uncovered Healthcare." As the 2016 Achievement winner, Cathy will be flying to Los Angeles to represent Boone County and receive the award on July 24th at NACo's 2016 Annual Conference and Exposition in Los Angeles County, California. NACo represents thousands of counties nationwide and sent their congratulations today to Boone County for its "continued work to promote the betterment of county services and programs."
Further information on 2016 NACo award: Columbia Tribune article Boone County public administrator to receive national award
Any questions? Feel free to contact us:
Boone County Public Administrator
Boone County Court House
(573) 886-4190 Office
Subscribe to the Boone County News email list.
www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA