Maintain law and order and serve legal process of the courts by performing duties, including but not limited to; processing citizen complaints, documenting and writing reports on law violations, transporting prisoners, service of civil process, and overall general law enforcement in the County.
Full Time, Non-Exempt, Benefited
Evenings, Nights, Weekends
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Possess a valid operator's license at time of application and a valid Missouri operator's license at time of appointment.
• Type a minimum of 35 wpm.
• Visual acuity of at least 20/200 correctable to 20/20 in both eyes.
• Pass a physical fitness test, medical examination, and a pre-employment drug screen prior to appointment.
• Must possess a valid class A or B Missouri Peace Officer License or current enrollment in a police academy.
• Applicants must be able to meet the strenuous physical demands of law enforcement activities which include, at a minimum, ability to engage in foot pursuits, to make forcible arrest, and to operate law enforcement equipment, including firearms.
• Must reside in Boone County (by the end of field training).
• No felony convictions.
• Have not pled guilty to or have any other criminal convictions in the past 2 years, excluding traffic violations.
• No marijuana use or possession in the past 2 years and no other illegal drug use or possession in the past 5 years.
• No employee, while on duty, shall have visible tattoos, body brandings', body, facial or tongue piercing jewelry except for traditional ear piercings for female employees. Ear lobe stretching (also known as 'gauging') is prohibited.
• Uniformed personnel whose tattoos extend below a short-sleeve uniform shirt, must wear the long-sleeve uniform shirt. Flesh-tone wraps, sleeves, band-aids, chemical covers and products such as Hide-Ink are prohibited as an alternative to coverage by clothing or uniform.
• Applicant must meet minimum qualifications set forth by the FBI and MSHP CJIS Security policy.
$20.94/hour. Additional $.65 per hour shift differential.
Applicant must submit a signed Authorization to Release Information, pass an on-line typing test (net 35 wpm), Military Release (Sheriff Department), Request for Tax Transcript (Sheriff Department).
Applications will be accepted until the posting is removed.