While working inside the Boone County Jail, the employee will assist in ensuring the safety and security of the facility, observe and document detainee movement and/or events, electronically operate doors, communicate with detainees, observe staff movement and interactions with detainees, and communicate with staff and the public through a variety of methods. Regular duties do not include unprotected face-to-face contact with detainees (i.e., interaction will be through secure windows, intercoms, kiosks, or other protective barriers).
Full Time, Non-exempt, Benefited
6:00 am to 6:00 pm AND 6:00 pm to 6:00 am. Must be able to work either shift at the department's discretion.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Possess a valid operator's license at time of application and a valid Missouri operator's license at time of appointment.
• Type a minimum of 25 wpm.
• Must pass a pre-employment physical, psychological examination, and drug screen.
• Visual acuity of at least 20/200 correctable to 20/20 in both eyes.
• No felony convictions.
• Have not pled guilty to or have any other criminal convictions in the past 2 years, excluding traffic violations.
• No marijuana use or possession in the past 2 years and no other illegal drug use or possession in the past 5 years.
• No employee, while on duty, shall have visible tattoos, body brandings', body, facial or tongue piercing jewelry except for traditional ear piercings for female employees. Ear lobe stretching (also known as 'gauging') is prohibited.
Uniformed personnel whose tattoos extend below a short-sleeve uniform shirt, must wear the long-sleeve uniform shirt. Flesh-tone wraps, sleeves, band-aids, chemical covers and products such as • Hide-Ink are prohibited as an alternative to coverage by clothing or uniform.
• Applicant must meet minimum qualifications set forth by the FBI and MSHP CJIS Security policy.
$15.96 - additional $0.65 per hour shift differential.
Applicant must submit a signed Authorization to Release Information, pass an on-line typing test (net 25 wpm), Military Release (Sheriff Department), Request for Tax Transcript (Sheriff Department).
Applications will be accepted until the posting is removed.