Columbia, MO 65201-7728
Recorder of Deeds
Boone County, Missouri
- Real Estate / Tax Lien Copy Request
- Marriage Copy Request
- Request for Military Discharge Papers
- Sample Cover Sheet
- UCC Forms
Standardization for Real Estate Documents
Requirements for Recording Real Estate Documents
The following documents DO NOT REQUIRE A LEGAL DESCRIPTION for recording:
- Death Certificates
- Power of Attorney
- Miscellaneous Documents
Real Estate Document
A document in standard format must contain:
- Title and Date of document on first page
- Grantor and Grantee names labeled on the first page. See the Missouri Bar Association's suggested grantor and grantee designations: Recommendations for Grantor/Grantee Identification On Recorded Documents
- Grantee Mailing Address on the first page.
- Legal Description on the first page.
- Grantor Signature.
- Notary Acknowledgement, Signature and Seal.
- Notary and Corporate Seals need to be stamped or embossed in a blank space, not over text or signatures and not in the margins.
- Paper size of 8 ½ × 11.
- Top 3 inch margin on the first page.
- All other margins on the first and subsequent pages will be a minimum of ¾"
- Information must be legible and at least 8-point type.
- Typed or Printed Names directly underneath all signatures.
The following is a list of the most common document types and their requirements:
Trustee's Deed Under Foreclosure
- If the original deed of trust was recorded prior to January 1, 1986, the Original Identified Note must be presented with the trustee's deed.
- The Book and Page number of the deed of trust that was foreclosed upon must be on the first page.
Deed of Trust
- The Loan Amount and the Trustee are usually listed in the body of the document.
- If the original deed of trust was recorded prior to January 1, 1986, the Original Identified Note must be marked paid and presented with the release deed. If the original note cannot be produced, an affidavit of lost note from the maker and the holder must be attached to the release deed.
- The Book and Page number of the deed of trust being released must be on the first page.
Assignment of Deed of Trust
- The Book and Page number of the deed of trust being assigned should be listed on the first page.
- A miscellaneous document in standard format is not required to contain a grantee address or legal description for recording.
UCC Filings in Real Estate RecordsAs of July 1, 2001, there is NO DUAL FILING of a UCC and Real Estate Filing in the Recorder of Deeds office.
- There is no signature required on the new approved standard form with the required addendum attached, to file or terminate a UCC in real estate records.
- If any form is presented other than the State approved form, it must comply with all statutory recording requirements.
- Statutory recording fees will apply to all real estate filings
- Overpayment of UCC filings in real estate records will not be refunded.
- Forms and instructions may be found at the Secretary of State's Web site: http://www.sos.mo.gov/ucc/forms.asp.
Notice of Home Schooling Documents (RSMo 167.042)Please contact the Recorder of Deeds office for filing fee information. No legal description is required for recording. The notice of home schooling in standard format must contain:
- Name and Age of each Child to be home schooled.
- Address and Telephone number of the home school.
- Name of each person teaching.
- Name, Address, and Signature of the person making the declaration.
Underground Facilities (RSMo 319.023)This document gives contact information for companies that may have underground utilities in Boone County (RSMo 319.023).
- Effective August 28, 2001, changes in the law require owners & operators of underground facilities located in first or second class counties to become participants in the notification center prior to January 2, 2003.
- For further information you may call 1-800-DIG-RITE (800-344-7483), or visit their Web site www.mo1call.org
Any questions? Feel free to contact us:
|Boone County Recorder of Deeds|
801 East Walnut, Rm. 132
(573) 886-4345 Phone
www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA