Stan Shawver, Director
Boone County Resource Management
|Boone County Resource Management
801 E Walnut, Rm. 315
Columbia, MO 65201-7732
Office (573) 886-4339
Fax (573) 886-4340
Residential Building Permits
Residential Building Permit
2015 Code Addendums effective for all permits issued April 1, 2017 and after
To make application for a building permit the applicant will need the following information:
Building setback; square footage of basement (separate finished and unfinished areas); square footage of main floor, second floor, garage, carport, breezeway, porch, and decks (all separate); name, address, and phone number of owner and contractor; site drawing showing location of structure, driveway, wastewater system, and any other buildings on the site; type of foundation; number of bedrooms and bathrooms; height of building from finished grade to peak; copy of recorded deed or survey showing proof of ownership; estimated cost of construction; and total disturbed area. If any of the above information is not submitted a building permit will not be issued. We must receive payment at the time of application, acceptable forms of payment are cash or checks, we do not accept credit/debit cards.
Permit applications are accepted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our offices are closed on all State Holidays.
- It will take 24 hours from the time you apply for a permit to the time you will be able to receive an inspection. (If application is from small cities such as Hallsville, Centralia, or Ashland, the 24 hours begins from the time our office receives the application)
- Prior to any building inspections you will need a presite inspection from the Health Department to approve the location of the wastewater system. You will also need a presite inspection from Resource Management for approval of the driveway location.
- Permit card must be on site for inspection to take place. Inspectors reserve the right not to inspect if card is not on site.
- Inspections must be scheduled by office personnel; not inspectors. Inspectors do not schedule inspections in the field. We do not do inspections prior to 9:00 a.m. or after 3:00 p.m. unless agreed to by the inspector who will perform the inspection..
- One inspection per site, per day, unless otherwise agreed to by an inspector.
- One-half day notice is required for residential inspections. You must request an inspection before noon to receive a same-day inspection.
- If a re-inspection is necessary a re-inspection fee of $10 may be charged. This fee must be paid at the Building Inspections Office prior to any further inspections. The re-inspection fee may be charged if an inspector needs to return to the site for any reason. (examples are: work is not completed when the inspector arrives; re-inspect of previsouly incorrect sites; inspector could not gain access to building, property, or specific areas such as attic or crawl space).
- YOU MUST REFERENCE YOUR APPLICATION/PERMIT NUMBER WHEN YOU CALL FOR INSPECTIONS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Any questions? Feel free to contact us:
|Boone County Resource Management|
801 E. Walnut Rm. 315
(573) 886-4330 Planning
Subscribe to the Boone County News email list.
www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA