Resource Management

Engineering Division

Planning Division

Joint Planning Commission


Solid Waste Recycling

Stormwater Management

Help the Hinkson


Annual Reports

Search Building Permits

Zoning Complaints

The Planning Department Staff investigates zoning complaints and attempts to achieve compliance with the requirements in the regulations. When a complaint is received, a site inspection is conducted and report prepared.  Initial contact is made with the property owner, including an explanation of the zoning regulations, and a time period to resolve the violation.  If the violation is not corrected in the given time period (usually 30 days, unless health or safety concerns exist) the complaint can be turned over to the Prosecuting Attorney.

There are other offices in Boone County that handles different complaint issues.


Some examples of the complaints our office takes are for the following:


When you make a complaint, be sure to include as much information as possible including property owner name, property address, and a description of the alleged violation. Other helpful information includes tax parcel number, landmarks, etc. Please note that the more information we have regarding the property you are reporting will aid our staff locating the property.

Click here to lodge a complaint. Please keep in mind that if you make a complaint using this system or using email, a copy of the correspondence will be kept on file in which case your complaint would not be anonymous. If you wish to remain anonymous you may call our office at (573) 886-4330.



Any questions?  Feel free to contact us:

to the Boone County News email list.

Questions or Comments? Email Resource Management

www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA