|Chad Martin, Director
Boone County Joint Communications
|2145 County Drive
Columbia, MO 65202
Office (573) 554-1000
Fax (573) 875-1072
- 911 Police and Fire Dispatch Log
- Community Resources
- Non-Emergency Numbers and Services
- Register Alarm System
- Register Business Contact Information
- About 911
- Career Information
- Call / Dispatch Statistics
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Safety Partners
- Contact Us
Home or Business Alarm Systems & Registration
The City of Columbia has an alarm ordinance. The ordinances are listed in Chapter 13 of the Municipal Code. They are:
- Section 13-254: Definitions
- Section 13-255: Alarm system reporting requirements
- Section 13-256: Automatic dialers
- Section 13-257: External alarm noise
- Section 13-258: False alarmsAdministrative fee
- Section 13-259: False alarmsProhibited
- Section 13-260: Penalty
Alarm System Required Information
It is required by Section 13-255 that certain information be provided to the Boone County Joint Communications Center. The information required is as follows:
- The address and telephone number of the building in which the alarm is installed.
- The name, address and telephone number of the property owner, lessee and any other person who controls access to the premises.
- If a hold up alarm is installed, a number that can be accessed inside the building for information regarding the status of the alarm.
- For premises other than private residences installing police or fire alarms, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) responsible persons having access to the property who can respond to the location of an alarm within thirty (30) minutes after notice to assist the responding agencies.
- For private residences, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) responsible persons having access to the property who can respond to the location of an alarm within thirty (30) minutes after notice to assist the responding agencies.
- The building owner's name, address, and telephone number.
- The type of alarm: Burglar, Fire, Both
- Name and telephone number of the monitoring alarm agency, if applicable.
You may register your system on line or you may request a form by calling our office at (573) 554-1000 during business hours.
Boone Electric's Medical Alert Program: Persons on life support equipment can receive priority service during power outages.
Subscribe to the Boone County News email list.
www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA