Prosecuting Attorney,
Daniel K. Knight

Bad Check Unit

Child Support Unit

Traffic Division

Victim Services

Child Support Unit

Home Overview Criminal Nonsupport Paternity Interstate Directions Related Links



If one parent resides in a state other than Missouri, an action may be filed in Missouri, or the other state, using the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA).

Child support orders can be enforced or established through UIFSA. Paternity can also be established through UIFSA.


When the referral is received from FSD-CSE, the Missouri parent will receive a letter from the Boone County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office scheduling a date and time to complete necessary paperwork. The paperwork will then be sent to the state where the other parent lives. Missouri or the other state will take the necessary legal action. This office will monitor the progress of the case by sending and receiving information from the other state.

Note: The Boone County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office does not represent either parent or the child in a civil action. This office represents the State of Missouri’s interests. This office cannot be involved in custody or visitation issues.

Any questions?  Feel free to contact us:

to the Boone County News email list.

Questions or Comments? Email Prosecuting Attorney

www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA